Monday 13 July 2015

Cooking for children

Happy Monday everyone! 

I love looking at cookbooks for ideas, even if I don't always follow the recipes exactly.

This book is great for its seasonality. With such a fantastic fruit and vegetable shop down the road from us, I always try to buy fresh food in season. 

There's also some great advice in this book about baby led weaning, and some lovely recipes for purees if you decide to go down that route with your baby. 



When cooking dairy free for T, I find a lot of my inspiration comes from standard cookbooks. I just end up replacing any milk or butter in the recipe with the dairy free alternative. 

Today on the menu is:

Breakfast - weetabix with 1/2 mashed banana, blueberries and 1/2 apricot as finger food. 
Lunch - chicken casserole with peas and carrots. 
Dinner - beef tagine with rice. Strawberries for dessert. (He goes absolutely mad for these!)

Snacks - rice cakes with cashew nut butter. 

He still gets 3 bottles a day in addition to this, and sometimes it amazes me that he manages to put so much food away! 

I'll post the recipes for the chicken casserole and beef tagine soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment