Friday 17 July 2015

Meal Planning

I've put an example of the dairy free meals that T ate last week. He's nearly 9 months old now, and quite happy eating a range of lumpy textures, and feeding himself finger foods. 

Getting ready for lunch - mashed potato, chopped strawberries, nectarine and banana 


I'm not a dietician, so I cannot claim that this is the most perfectly balanced meal plan ever! I think that there is a good mix of the major food groups, and he's offered fresh fruit and vegetables everyday. Keeping a dairy diary means I have a good overview of his diet each week, so I can alter it as needed. 



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Mon
Weetabix
1/2 Banana
Dairy free fish pie, Coyo yogurt 
Rice cakes with cashew nut butter
Tues
Ready brek, strawberries
Creamy chicken casserole, cherry tomatoes
Avocado on toast & butternut squash “chips”  
Satsuma
Wed
1 egg omelette
Turkey burgers with sweet potato mash
Dried apple rings
Thu
Weetabix, 
pear slices.
Cottage Pie, butternut squash “chips”
strawberries
Rice cakes with mashed avocado
Fri
Toast with dairy free spread, blueberries
Dairy free fish pie, cucumber slices
1/2 Banana
Sat
Dairy free pancakes
 Reduced Salt baked beans, toast
Cottage pie, coconut rice pudding
Sliced pear
Sun
Ready brek, sliced nectarine 
Turkey burgers with sweet potato mash
Strawberries and rice cakes 



Most of the meals are kept in the freezer, so all I have to do is defrost one when needed, and cook some vegetables or slice some fruit to go with it.  





Find more of my dairy free recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment