Ingredients1 large potato, mashed
1 handful of spinach, chopped.
1 tsp dairy free sunflower spread
2-3 tbsp olive oil for frying. Alternatively can be baked in the oven.
- Boil chopped potato until soft and breaking up easily for the mash.
- Drain fully, and mash with the dairy free sunflower spread.
- Whilst it is still hot, add the spinach. I cut the spinach up with scissors to make the pieces easier to manage.
- Mix the potatoes and spinach together until the spinach wilts, then set aside until cool enough to handle.
|Leave the potato and spinach mash to cool before rounding into balls.|
6. Place the flattened potato balls in a heated frying pan with the oil. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until they form a lovely golden crust.
7. Alternatively, cook in an oven at about 180C until golden brown.
Make this at the same time as my Fish Pie to save time!