1 chicken breast, diced
250mls salt free vegetable or chicken stock
1 large potato, chopped
1 medium leek, chopped,
1 medium carrot, chopped
1/2 onion, diced,
1 tbsp organic rapeseed oil
- In a large saucepan, soften the onion in the oil
- Add the chopped potato, carrot and leek and continue to soften (but not brown) in the pan.
- Add the chicken and continue to cook
- Once the chicken is cooked through, pour in the stock, place a lid on the pan, and simmer for about 20minutes (you want the potato to be cooked through and soft), stir occasionally.
- Blend, puree or mash as appropriate to your child
Top tip - If you are feeling lazy (and aren't we all somedays), then cook the chicken, leek and potato as above, but add some mixed frozen vegetables to the saucepan with the stock to increase the veg content.