|This dish can be a handy way to hide extra veggies in!|
100g lean minced beef
1 white onion
1 small courgette
1 red pepper
1 clove garlic
1/2 tin kidney beans
400g chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 small tbsp marmite (optional)
small pinch of chilli powder (optional)
1 salt-free beef stock cube
1. Finely chop all the vegetables and slice the garlic.
2. Place the onions and garlic into a large saucepan to soften, but don't let brown.
3. Add the rest of the vegetables to soften, then add the mince to brown.
4. Crumble in the stock cube, then add the kidney beans, chopped tomatoes and spices.
5. Allow to simmer for at least 30mins.
6. Once all cooked serve with rice or with a jacket potato.
This can easily be made into a veggie chilli, just replace the minced beef with a mixture of lentils and cannellini beans and the beef stock with vegetable stock.
See more of my dairy free recipes.